I was driving down 2920 and I saw something for the first time, or at least I don't ever remember seeing it.


I watched as a jet did a 180 degree change in course and for a very short period I saw the wake turbulence in the sky that looked like a U. Since I was in traffic, I kept looking at it until the "U" turned into an "I". After that, if you would of looked up, you would of never known that the jet had just done what it had done.


When we look up to people.....and we all look up to people.....and we are all trying to model those people.... we see where they are at. Right now and we may see some of their past, but rarely all of it. I have people that know me well and they've seen the wake turbulence of the last 5-6 years (which is a great indicator of who I am now). But they haven't been around to experience or witness the times I've have to do a "180".


We all look at our "heroes" this way. We look at how great they are now, but haven't really witness the full "wake" of their journey.

I say this, because I work with some younger people that are ridiculously hard on themselves. This can be good at times, but I also see where it makes them apathetic because they think we've gotten where we are at without going through the turbulence.


My heart has been broken twice.

I've lost multiple family members.

I've dealt with my father go through years of depression.

I've said some out of line hurtful things to my brother.

I've bailed of trying to help my step brother and my cousin.

I've worked at places that a lot of my friends wouldn't even fill out an application to.

I've experienced things that aren't who I am today.


But I don't live in these moments, and most people don't see these in my path, because we move forward.


Maybe it's time you turn this jet around and it's hard because people aren't going to be comfortable, but I promise the future won't even see that moment you "180'ed".


With Humility.

0 comments:

The Youth of Klein UMC's Fan Box