Which one would you prefer more?


The event. The show. The one time experience that you'll tell the stories about.



or.


The album. The repeated experiences with the music that is more about where you are at in your life. Maybe you listen to it when you riding around, maybe when you're studying, or maybe when you're working out.


I work with teenagers and they seem to prefer (at times) the "concert" approach to God. The MOUNTAINTOPS of things. The Big. The Flashy. The Production of things.


I love "concerts". I really do. I get excited about them, and I love to remember them.


But.


If I don't have the music everyday, buzzing calmly at times in my ears, then the "concerts" aren't as meaningful.


Lindsay and I went and watch G. Love, ALO, and Jack Johnson last year. It was pouring on us and Lindsay was 6 months pregnant, and it was awesome. Not just that moment, but the previous 100+ small experiences that we had before listening to Jack's albums.


With Humility.

0 comments:

The Youth of Klein UMC's Fan Box