I know in my earlier days, more youthful, more whatevers.... I thought I had a lot more control in my life. I thought that control was the goal at times in my teenage to early twenties era. I thought that if I could control something it would be place where I could rest in the chaos.


Truth is we don't control much, if anything.


I remember one of the biggest shortcomings of this mentality was revolving around sin. I, like most people, don't struggle with EVERY temptation, but rather a few.


A few vices. A few things. A few areas of my life.


But as I've gotten older I realized that sin can deceive us (imagine that?) into thinking if we only sin in one area of our live and we can contain it, we're good. This repeated Greek tragedy of letting the enemy get into us and think that it is harmless.


Most of this fall for this. REPEATedly. Over and over.


Greed affects empathy

Criticizing affects giving

Lusts affects love


If you love clothes, it affects your heart towards those in a sweat shop making them for you.

If you love food, technology, to be right, etc.... it messes with it all


Selfishness loves to sneek in... I'm (right at this moment) trying to convince myself I need a new iPhone.


Harmless....right?

0 comments:

The Youth of Klein UMC's Fan Box