And so lying underneath those stormy skies

She'd say, "oh, ohohohoh I know the sun must set to rise"


-Coldplay


I love this new song, because it is written with a lot of emotion and.... well I've been listening to Coldplay continually for the last 12 years.


The line quoted from the song speaks volumes. Paradise is only visable from the stormy skies.


The Hebrew roots point to a garden and I think that you needs the storms to grow that garden.

The old Iranian root "diz" (for the dise part) means to create, to form. So it implies that it's built.


There is a ton of history and allegories for para para paradise.


I know that I do experience it. I have moments of awareness. Gleamses of it.


These moments help me participate in this. I know what I'm a part of and temporarily understand that there is something else going on.


I see it

...when Lindsay and I get that peaceful moment in the evening and we talk about everything

...when my father and I are on the phone both drinking our morning coffee and talking about nothing

...when the Lindsay, the crew, and I bang on the piano, laughing because nobody knows how to play

...when my entire family stands in a circle and prays at Thanksgiving

...when someone I'm teaching teaches me something


Those moments help me see what the "rain" is doing on those rainy days.


What is your para para paradise?


May you see that the sun has to set to rise again.


With Humility.

0 comments:

The Youth of Klein UMC's Fan Box