I have ears.


I think we'd all agree with that. No one disputes it.


I think where the argument occurs is when I say I have an "ear" for this (or that).


Blake and I were having one of our many tangent discussions, and he pointed out that he doesn't have an "ear" for messages/sermons/speeches like I do. I know this is true, yet I also know that I don't have an "ear" for music like he does.


He knows when he hears a good speech and I know when I hear a song I enjoy. The difference: we don't always know why we do or don't like them. I can pick apart a message (the good and the bad) because I speak and I listen to tons of messages. Blake can do the same with music.


It's not like I don't appreciate other "arts", I just can't always explain why.


I know that the things I study in life create radars, and radars are good at picking up signals. I know when I hear something silly, stupid, fascinating, deep, etc.


What do you study? Better yet, what don't you study and how does that affect you?


With Humility.

0 comments:

The Youth of Klein UMC's Fan Box