Churchin'



Using the message from Bryan's sermon this morning, I wanted us to look at what is church.

Why do you think Christians attend church weekly, hardly at all, or never?

What is the purpose of going to church?

I've experienced various reasons in my own life.
- I've gone out of discipline (just showing us)
- I've gone because my parents made me (stay out of trouble)
- I've gone because I didn't have anything better to do (stay out of trouble)
- I've gone because I'd mess up (wanting forgiveness)
- I've gone because it was an escape (wanting refreshment)
- I've gone because I love God (wanting to worship)

Church has many faces.
It is a noun.... a place to go.
It is an adjective..... describing people that are discipline (churchie person or church-going)

It a verb.... an act of meeting with others that are trying to understand and thank God.

Church is not entertainment, Church is not a reflection of worldly values and justice, Church is not a business, Church is not a commodity.

Verses 18-19. What is described about Church?





0 comments:

The Youth of Klein UMC's Fan Box