So I was watching TV the other day and I saw a commercial (rare because of DVR). I laughed at the commercial because it confused me.

It started out with a musical number of 2 kids being bored and then the dad starts into song about using your imagination. It was silly, stupid.....whatever. Then the commercial turns into an advertisement for Netflix on the Wii. ????

Really???

Use your imagination by staring at a screen?

I think the truth is the paradox. I think that we are always sending mixed messages in our own lives.

.....we are creatures of mystery
.....we are paradoxes
.....we are reflections of our creator

I think that we do send mixed messages and this frustrates people, but it's real. We are not simple.

Sometimes we hate and love something at the same time.
Sometimes we want something we don't really want.
Sometimes we need something we don't really need.
And the obvious, we don't want what we need & we want what we don't need.

People hate the vague and that which isn't concrete, but our heart sways, changes, and acts out beyond our comprehension.

If you disagree, name someone that didn't contradict themselves....didn't confuse you by their actions....etc.

What messages are you sending people right now?
How are your actions backing it up?

-I've had people in my life tell me they love me, but then ignore me.
-I've had people in my life tell me they don't care what we do, but then get ticked when we don't do what they wanted to do?
-I've had people tell me that they want to know more, but then refuse to receive more.

You can get frustrated/mad/annoyed by others or you can be honest about where you do it and start there.

0 comments:

The Youth of Klein UMC's Fan Box