As I start to look for progress and depth in my life, I start to look backwards more than forwards.

It's a weird feeling to some degree, but I feel like I've personally missed the mark. I feel like the "truths" about God, life, family, health, fitness, relationships, and entertainment are simply more simple. I've (and the culture/society) have just made things complicated.... and for no other reason than .....progress?

What is the progression from?

I think we've made the simple things hard, and we are making the Godly difficult things extinct.
Difficult things like forgiveness.... discipline.... integrity....

People will give up on almost anything these days because they've lost to ability to forgive, be discipline, and have integrity.

How many people give up on doing healthy habits, give up on friends, give up on some possession for a newer one, give up on doing something right because no one is looking, give up on a marriage/family, ???

It's like we have a limited amount of resources to deal with the "hard" things and because we've actually made stupid stuff complicated.... we have little left to handle the meaningful

I want to deal with my struggles to forgive, to be disciplined, to have integrity.... I don't want to stray from this and worry about status updates, dieting (we are the only country worrying about killing ourselves with too much food), music, ego, hairstyle, type of car, how much money I make, technology, entertainment, tv, etc, etc, etc, etc....

How many hours a day do I spend learning, sharing, meditating, focusing, worshiping God?

Now compare that to the amount of time I spend learning about sports (ESPN), sharing gossip, meditating on...nothing, focusing on what I don't have, and worshiping stuff.... Ouch... it's not even funny or close.

So, without beating the spirit out of the Spirit, how do I change?

Simply put. Simplicity.

2 comments:

I think we simply need to ask God, "God give me eyes to see the lie here." and to take a baby step toward God for him to follow all the way through to us.

I also see this as a way to get back to origins or roots of things.

The Youth of Klein UMC's Fan Box